Author Topic: New Upcoming Games  (Read 5300 times)

Weasel Words

• View Profile
New Upcoming Games
« on: October 26, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
What new and upcoming games are you looking forward to apart from this one obviously.  I can't wait to get my hands on some of the usual suspects e.g. Fallout 4 and XCOM 2, is their anything else under the radar I should look out for. Feel free to include any game from any genre.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

dalapto

• If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it.
    • View Profile
Re: New Upcoming Games
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »
Problem is I wouldn't be able to run any new games with high-end graphics. But once MGSV: The Phantom Pain goes down in price, I'll think about getting it as apparently its surprisingly well optimized.

I am curious to see how EA's Star Wars: Battlefront compares with the originals, but obviously I won't be able to run it.

I used to like the AC games, but they're not innovating enough now as there isn't any competition (exlcuding Shadow of Mordor), and the time periods are less interesting.

Age of Empires II HD is getting some African Civilizations, and Age of Mythology Extended Edition is getting a Chinese Civilization with 3 gods, (all Ancestral gods I think) so I'm looking forward to see what Myth Units they recreate from Chinese folklore and mythology.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Martok

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 06:44:16 PM »
In no particular order: 

Lord of Rigel
Stellaris
Sovereignty: Crown of Kings
M.O.R.E.
Warhammer: Total War
Predestination
Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow

Not surprisingly, these are all strategy games, and the majority of them are 4x games to boot.  ;D 

Flechette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:35:54 AM »
In the order of availability from now and over the next year (I hope):

The Seven Years War
Fallout IV
Squad
Decisions Games: Barbarossa
Life of Rome
No Man's Sky
XCOM 2
M.O.R.E.
Hearts of Iron IV
The Mandate
Rising Storm 2 (Vietnam)

So many games; so little time  :'(

PS: if you want a free game similar to Age of Empires, look for 0 A.D.  The dev posted the entire game for free from his website.

Neutron

• Administrator
  • Oriental Empires designer and programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
The Seven Years War looks interesting. Ambitious project, surprised I haven't heard of it before. Wish I would have time to play it.
Live in interesting times

Flechette

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 05:04:11 AM »
I realized I made an error. One game should be Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa.

Weasel Words

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 06:19:23 PM »
Although not exactly an new game I see that Divinity Original Sin has had a slight overhaul with the recent release of an enhanced edition. I might give it a try.

Checked out The Seven Years War and Life of Rome. I understand that SYW is a one man greenlight project, I'll keep an eye on it.  For an MMORPG Life of Rome's faction/family and political dynamic, senate etc. looks like something different I'll also see how that progresses.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

pfa0219

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
While not entirely a strategy game, I look pretty forward to Mount & Warblade: Bannerlord, but development is slow :(. Another game I look forward is Blackwake, and indie game kind of like Mount & Warband: Napoleonic Wars but then on ships.

And because I love the Mafia franchise, I obviously look forward to Mafia 3, but it isn't a strategy game at all.

Flechette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 05:41:47 AM »
I also am interested in Bannerlord. But, yeah, the devs are incredibly slow and not particularly candid about anything.