Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 32138 times)

ShadInq

• View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 07:55:04 PM »
Do you control all your settlements directly, or is there some governor/bureaucrat system for indirect control like with the military? If yes, can entire provinces rebel too?

Neutron

• Administrator
  • Oriental Empires designer and programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2015, 08:24:39 AM »
You control all your settlements directly, although you can have the computer automanage them if you want. Settlements can certainly rebel. The game has no concept of provinces.
Live in interesting times

finebone

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
Yes the number of settlements you can control is limited by your authority and culture ratings. These improve over time, mostly via technology. So even if you're militarily dominant, you'll want to make defeated players your vassals, rather than just occupying their cities. Of course, them being vassals leaves the possibility that they will revolt later.

I know you've mentioned before that it's possible to have vassal states... but to have it actually be more beneficial to have a defeated opponent be a vassal rather than wholly owned is a very interesting concept that I've not seen in a game I've personally played.  Sounds cool!

mumei

• Strategy Games Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »
That brings a good question of how much diplomatically engaged can you be with you vassals?
"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle" Sun Tzu.

gibmebeta

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 08:40:54 PM »
I've been checking this forum like every other day. So hype.

Neutron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »
Sorry not too much in the way of updates. Pretty heads down at the moment putting in the last bits and pieces, fixing bugs etc. Recent additions are proper sound effects for battles, AI that can budget properly, and some nice new textures for Mongolia.

anguille

• Liu Bei
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »
Some nice new textures for Mongolia.
Aaaaah ...this makes my day 8)

pfa0219

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 09:20:04 PM »
 Hello everyone and I am vey excited for this game. A blend from my two favorite strategy franchises: civ and total war! Keep up the good work!

;)

Flechette

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 12:50:27 AM »
Yes the number of settlements you can control is limited by your authority and culture ratings. These improve over time, mostly via technology. So even if you're militarily dominant, you'll want to make defeated players your vassals, rather than just occupying their cities. Of course, them being vassals leaves the possibility that they will revolt later.

I know you've mentioned before that it's possible to have vassal states... but to have it actually be more beneficial to have a defeated opponent be a vassal rather than wholly owned is a very interesting concept that I've not seen in a game I've personally played.  Sounds cool!
Honestly, I think you can find a similar feature in the EU games by Paradox. What I am looking forward to in Oriental Empires is the seamless movement from strategic to tactical level. Paradox strategy games don't offer much in the way of tactical battles. I do hope Oriental Empires offers the kind of diplomatic heft that EU games typically have. One thing that OE does seem to offer is a sense of time and place that is uniquely Asian.

gibmebeta

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2015, 11:59:31 PM »
Sorry not too much in the way of updates. Pretty heads down at the moment putting in the last bits and pieces, fixing bugs etc. Recent additions are proper sound effects for battles, AI that can budget properly, and some nice new textures for Mongolia.
ai that can budget properly turns me on
no armies that cost 5 times a civilizations gold output without any  negatives for it

ChrisG

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Chris and i'm following the game since the announcement.

I'm very interested in the game and  can't wait  to learn more about it!

Happy to be here too!  :D

againster

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm a total war modder from China,and take participate in some mod such as "Shaoding the road to Luoyang","Asia Empires"

Will orientai empire be easy to make mod?Can we mod the game's map and buildings and units models in the future?Because of we can't mod games' campaign map after Empire total war, we can only make Chinese style mod in Medieval 2 total war and Rome total war.

Forgive my poor English,in any case,thanks for your team!

At last,What word is missing in the phrase "all the xxx in china"?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:47:00 AM by againster »

Neutron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2015, 11:52:56 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm a total war modder from China,and take participate in some mod such as "Shaoding the road to Luoyang","Asia Empires"

Will orientai empire be easy to make mod?Can we mod the game's map and buildings and units models in the future?Because of we can't mod games' campaign map after Empire total war, we can only make Chinese style mod in Medieval 2 total war and Rome total war.

Hi Againster

Welcome to the forums.

The game will be easily modable when it's finally released, and we're very excited to see what modders can do with it, as we're well aware that the game system can be used for far more settings than we'll ever be able to cover. I'm particularly interested to see what Chinese modders do with it.

All the game data is kept in xml files, and there will be a map editor included. The map in particular is very easy to edit.

The slight caveat is that it you won't be able to mod the initial early access release, as supporting mods will require us to some work, and I'm sure you understand that the main game features must come first.

The phrase is "all the tea in China". Apologies if my attempts to make things hard for bots have also made it hard for non native speakers.

againster

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
Hello everyone!

Hi Againster

Welcome to the forums.

The game will be easily modable when it's finally released, and we're very excited to see what modders can do with it, as we're well aware that the game system can be used for far more settings than we'll ever be able to cover. I'm particularly interested to see what Chinese modders do with it.

All the game data is kept in xml files, and there will be a map editor included. The map in particular is very easy to edit.

The slight caveat is that it you won't be able to mod the initial early access release, as supporting mods will require us to some work, and I'm sure you understand that the main game features must come first.

The phrase is "all the tea in China". Apologies if my attempts to make things hard for bots have also made it hard for non native speakers.
Thanks for your reply! ;D

Achilleslastand

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2015, 06:24:40 AM »
Greetings all...... :)
Been watching this game for many months and cannot wait as I believe it is a insta-buy for me.