Author Topic: Good design  (Read 295 times)

wesleybruce

• View Profile
Good design
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:32:10 AM »
I love the use of the Mahjong tile motif in the menus. Nice touch. Good historical depth too. That's new. I have not had enough play time to figure everything out. Clearly your getting the base down in China where you have the greatest depth of technology's and the least competition.  (and lots of good art that is just sitting around on the web. ) 

I also gather your expanding out eventually: Korea, japan, Khmer all get mentions.
Please leave two doors open for that process.
You have nomad, herdsman as well as farmer that's a huge advance but leave the door open for hunter gatherer; fisher farmer; fire stick farming (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire-stick_farming).
I have idea's how to do that in game but not the skills to develop them.  I have archaeology and ecology in my uni degree if that helps.
I'm an Australian. No one does the Aboriginals right if they try at all. Yet they traded with China!

Secondly there are some societies where the palace was not at the centre in all cases: There were Temple cultures and tribal councils. Keep Meeting hut/house, Tribal Council, Longhouse, Senate, etc open as an alternative to the word palace in the code and expansions will be easier. Doing the same with nobles means Elders, senators, etc are easy alternatives to nobles. That opens up a lot of cultures others ignore or just use as primitive native cannon fodder. And simplifies modding and expansion to tropical Asia, Europe, etc. 

PS is there a typo in this verification? "May you line in interesting xxxxx"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:18:35 AM by wesleybruce »

wesleybruce

• View Profile
Re: Good design
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »
Lol just realised this posted in the wrong forum section. lol.

Neutron

• Administrator
  • Oriental Empires designer and programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts. I'm sure the game will gradually evolve to being a more generic engine, but the initial focus has been on implementing things that are important to the Chinese setting.
Live in interesting times

Warayurt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:04:22 AM »
Good design, it takes a lot of thought.