Author Topic: Reforging weapons of units trained in city without smithy  (Read 198 times)

pezet

• View Profile
Reforging weapons of units trained in city without smithy
« on: October 12, 2017, 07:18:33 AM »
Hello,

Is there a chance, that in the future development of the game, units trained in city without smithy could have their weapons reforged when entering the city that has a smithy ?
Building maintenance costs of course, so not every city should build forges. But at the same time, the cities with forges cannot always field instantly a number of units you currently require. So, in my opinion, it would be good idea to reforge units trained in other cities that lay nearby by paying some cost in gold in return.
Also, please correct me if this option is already available - maybe I missed something.

Regards

Neutron

• Administrator
  • Oriental Empires designer and programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Reforging weapons of units trained in city without smithy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:05:09 PM »
Sounds like it would just promote a bunch of micromanagement where you try to save money by only having a smith in one city, Then raise units in other cities and shuffle them across to the smith to get the unit you actually want.

If you want to be able to raise quality forces quickly, you need to build the infrastructure in multiple places.
Live in interesting times