Author Topic: trade route arrows  (Read 1108 times)

mubtew

• View Profile
trade route arrows
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:02:17 AM »
Hey, new here since a month, like very much, civ3 fan....

Been playing about a month, slowly learning. Took a while to figure out how trade worked. I started another new game yesterday. Played as Qin on custom game (seed 0). This is my first time as Qin.

I built the Bazaar and then noticed that the trade route arrows between the cities was not there. I saved game and then reloaded it in hope... but still no trade route arrows.

Is this a common problem? maybe an odd glitch.,,, any ideas out there?

ps: why is it so difficult to post here..eg: rediculous questions etc.... are you the CIA?

Candicez

• View Profile
Re: trade route arrows
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:47:36 AM »
What is the source of this content? It is thought up or taken from another source.

bolgfred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 07:02:39 AM »
Could it be that your cities are too far away from each other? Basar enables trade routes in a range of 12 tiles.
Usually a basar should start a traderoute unless there is something for trade or not, so I guess its a range problem. You can Upgrade it to a basaar which increase range to 18 and I think the tiles are counted from the outer border. So expanding cities can offer another 2-3 tiles.

I don't think the CIA motto was "Live in intresting times" :o

Lindsayso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 04:31:55 AM »
ess its a range problem. You can Uponth, slowly learning. Tograde it

mubtew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 04:43:44 AM »
Problem solved....It solved itself... it had nothing to do with the range. Bazaar was still working, just the trade route arrows were not showing. Happened again in another game... I zoomed in, zoomed out, then zoomed in again... and the arrows returned.

ps: why do we have to go through this nonsense of answering these stupid questions just to post ?.... ( eg: Complete the phase "May you line in interesting xxxxx": )... never ever heard this before...

.... is my username and password not enough ?

bolgfred

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 08:09:31 AM »
( eg: Complete the phase "May you line in interesting xxxxx": )... never ever heard this before...
That's a british joke - not a chinese saying

.... is my username and password not enough ?
It makes sense to have a super high security check if you don't want to spend much time in moderating the forum.
As it seems that this is more of a side project you don't have time or motivation to check every single post or account.
Just keep that idea in mind, that "live in intresting times" is the CIA Motto. Now it always makes me smile typing it:-)

Neutron

• Administrator
  • Oriental Empires designer and programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:15:44 AM »
The questions do a really good job of stopping spam posting from bots.  Without them I have to spend time everyday removing the spam and banning the users, which isn't really worth it given the low traffic on this forum.

There's much more discussion on the Steam forum, so I suggest people use that instead.

Live in interesting times